In today’s competitive job environment, employees value a broad and well-designed benefit package that addresses their total needs. The range of benefits that can be provided is diverse, including traditional benefits such as Health & Protection Insurance, Flexible Benefits, as well as the more recent inclusions like Work Place Health & Wellness.
Why Honan Benefits?
Our experts work closely with clients to understand their business and align their benefits programme to their business objectives.
We help clients maximise their healthcare dollar and ensure that their employee benefits programme is well-administered and remains competitive.
We care for our clients, want to be part of their growth journey, and are committed to service excellence.
Honan Benefits offers an integrated benefits solution. Our approach includes tailoring solutions to our clients through benefits consulting, insurance brokerage, and benefits administration services, from inception to implementation and ongoing administration.
Our Benefits Consulting encompasses regional and international programs, benchmarking reports, and employee engagement.
The Honan Benefits Service
Honan Benefits offers a dedicated team who will guide you throughout the entire process. A Client Manager will oversee your program and offer ongoing consultation, whilst our wider team will support your employees through an employee helpdesk, where your employees can direct specific or technical queries regarding their plans.
These also include:
- Full outsourcing of claims administration including reimbursement of claims for your self-funded benefits programs
- 24×7 online employee self-service
- On-line claims tool that tracks submission & status
- Employee call centre during and/or after office hours
Honan Benefits has a strong and capable team from diverse backgrounds, including insurance, risk, HR, consulting, technology and operations. We draw from our rich industry experience to deliver unique, innovative solutions. We have a commitment to our clients that truly differentiates us.
Your client experience
Our close relationship with our clients and deep understanding of their organisation equips us to be in the best position to advise on insurance products which best support their business objectives.
These are some of the capabilities and services of Honan Benefits:
- Benefits Review/Benefits Audit
- Review policy limits/coverage adequacy, benchmark against the market, propose and negotiate for enhancements, where necessary to be in line with business objectives
- Renewal Terms Review
- Review and negotiate with insurers on their renewal terms, taking into consideration the claims experience, profile, pooling arrangement etc
- Conduct Remarketing Exercise
- Meaningful claims analysis and reports
- Create employee engagement through Employee Communication Sessions
- Placement of Risk
- On-going Policy Servicing
- Liaise with insurers on service level issues e.g. turnaround time, claims assessment
- Assist on HR enquiries, requests and appeals
- Monitoring of policy wordings and endorsements to ensure that they align with your coverage requirements
- Provide advisory on market updates and regulatory requirements
Many companies look towards Singapore as the Asian Regional hub with its Finance and HR operations centralised here.
We help clients coordinate multi-country benefits programmes, which allow you to:
- Centralise so that HR has a bird’s eye view
- Harmonise Benefit Strategy Globally
- Meet with local market practice
- Satisfy regulatory requirements in accordance to local laws of the country
International Medical Benefits
Certain industries are driven by competitiveness of the sector to offer high-end benefits to their staff to cover high limits for Inpatient, Outpatient Clinical, Specialist and Alternative Treatments, Maternity, Wellness, Dental and Vision.
We add value by assisting clients to make sense of the various products in the market and recommend one that suits our client’s needs.
Local Employee Benefits
Our aim is to build long, trusting relationships with our clients.
Client-focused service plan:
- Providing a high level of benefits advisory
- Maintaining high service level
- Keeping in touch regularly through interval meetings and updates about market trends
We provide valuable insights and data to our clients through our knowledge of the market.
Companies should conduct a Benchmarking Exercise every few years in order to find out the following:
- Is the company providing the right type and level of benefits for their employees
- How do their benefits compare with competitors
- Kept abreast of market trends
Flexible Benefits have increasingly become more popular as employers wish to meet the diverse needs of different employees. A 45 year-old female with 3 children may place Life Coverage benefits on higher priority. In comparison, a 25 year-old female may value Wellness Benefits such as gym membership more.
Benefits can be customised to meet this diversity through Flexible Benefits Programmes. Employees are given flex dollars and a basket of benefits which gives them the freedom and choice to spend on what matters to them. All this is managed through our Flexible Benefit Portal.
With rising importance of well-care and over sick-care, many companies today allocate a Wellness Budget focused on physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of the employee. The health evidence is clear that a healthier and happier workforce is a more productive workforce. We can organise wellness programmes that meet with client’s objectives, ranging from Health & Nutrition Talks to Bootcamps etc.
Employee Communication Sessions
We will communicate with your staff to ensure that the full value of the benefits is understood and appreciated through scheduled communication session.
Service fulfilment is not complete without an effective Claims Management System.
We have our own In-house experienced Claims Practitioners who who will assist our clients in these areas:
- HR – advise on claims trends (what are the most common claims submitted, the average costs associated).
- Employee – assist in advising if expenses incurred for Medical Condition and Treatment is claimable, including an explanation of the benefits and claims.